Are you looking for a supportive, collaborative workplace with great teams and inspiring leaders? You’ve come to the right place. We’re looking for ambitious people who share our values and want to make every day better for people around the world. If this sounds like you, and the career below sounds exciting, we’d like to hear from you.
Working ArrangementAt Home
As a Client Service Manager you will be responsible for for providing high quality, phone and email-based customer service to US based clients in our Retirement Services business. It is a client servicing role assisting customers with their 401k Defined Contribution Plan.
This position requires advanced knowledge of products and processes to research and provide solutions to complex issues that fall outside normal processes. As well as providing back-up for team members as needed.
*This is a work from home opportunity.
- 401k Retirement product experience is required
- Excellent verbal communication skills and effective listening skills required
- 2+ years call center experience
- Possess and demonstrate strong leadership skills
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Ability to pay attention to detail
- Demonstrates commitment to quality
- Utilize excellent organization and multi-tasking skills
- Possess advanced understanding of internal business processes and work flows
- Respond, within service standards, to all incoming calls from clients, brokers, & Third-Party Administrators
- Provide information regarding account details, payments / transactions, products and application status to all parties
- Provide professional, high quality service to internal and external customers
- Provide operations support including resolving escalated customer complaints
- Effectively utilize leadership skills to support and contribute to team goals
- Leverage multiple computer-based administration systems to resolve complex issues
- Set and meet client expectations for complex issue resolution and follow-up with client within an established, specified timeframe
- Refer complex situations to Team Leaders for review and/or exception approval
- Understand how metrics, quality, and engagement impact the business
- Assists with training of the team; such as new-hire training, cross-training, and one-on-one development
- Work with other areas to create and validate training documents, as well as offer suggestions for process improvements as needed
- Review complex situations and escalate as necessary for further review or approval
- Observe and make recommendations to ensure compliance with proper policies and procedures
- Managing the performance of others when needed
- Following up through on inquiries and projects to ensure completion
Every career at Manulife/John Hancock provides the opportunity to learn new skills and move your career forward. Ready to make an impact somewhere? What are you waiting for? Apply today.
About John Hancock and Manulife
John Hancock is a unit of Manulife Financial Corporation, a leading international financial services group that helps people make their decisions easier and lives better. We operate primarily as John Hancock in the United States, and Manulife globally, including Canada, Asia and Europe. We provide financial advice, insurance and wealth and asset management solutions for individuals, groups and institutions. Assets under management and administration by Manulife and its subsidiaries were CAD$1.3 trillion (US$1.1 trillion) as of June 30, 2021. Manulife Financial Corporation trades as MFC on the TSX, NYSE, and PSE, and under 945 on the SEHK. Manulife can be found at manulife.com .
One of the largest life insurers in the United States, John Hancock supports more than 10 million Americans with a broad range of financial products, including life insurance , annuities , investments , 401(k) plans , and education savings plans . Additional information about John Hancock may be found at johnhancock.com .
Manulife is an Equal Opportunity Employer
At Manulife /John Hancock , we embrace our diversity. We strive to attract, develop and retain a workforce that is as diverse as the customers we serve and to foster an inclusive work environment that embraces the strength of cultures and individuals. We are committed to fair recruitment, retention, advancement and compensation, and we administer all of our practices and programs without discrimination on the basis of race, ancestry, place of origin, colour , ethnic origin, citizenship, religion or religious beliefs, creed, sex (including pregnancy and pregnancy-related conditions), sexual orientation, genetic characteristics, veteran status, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, family status, disability, or any other ground protected by applicable law.
It is our priority to remove barriers to provide equal access to employment. A Human Resources representative will work with applicants who request a reasonable accommodation during the application process . All information shared during the accommodation request process will be stored and used in a manner that is consistent with applicable laws and Manulife/John Hancock policies . To request a reasonable accommodation in the application process, contact [email protected] .