Job descriptionAbout Us: Newport Healthcare is a nationwide behavioral healthcare organization dedicated to transforming young lives through evidence-based care. To that end, we have assembled the best teen and young adult mental health treatment staff in the country, and we want you to join us. While our experts guide our clients to sustainable healing, our job is to support our valued staff members, and we do that through offering industry-competitive salaries, career growth and skills expansion, student loan repayment and tuition reimbursement, and a company commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion, among other advantages. Be part of a team that's dedicated to providing compassionate care based in authentic connection, mutual respect, and unconditional love—and experience the rewards of making a difference in the lives of young people and their families each and every day. Empowering Lives. Restoring Families .® Responsibilities: Newport Healthcare’s Supervisor, Housekeeping will oversee day-to-day onsite operations at multiple client locations, including homes, residential treatment centers, and campus settings. Will act as a working member of the team. The Manager, Housekeeping will bring prior experience cleaning commercial spaces as well as experience managing a team of cleaners. Fostering the culture of Newport Healthcare’s client experience expectations, the Manager, Housekeeping should be comfortable working in a fast-paced environment and ensure consistent execution of processes and procedures.
- Manage and oversee a team of Housekeepers at multiple Newport Healthcare client locations, including homes, residential treatment centers, and campus settings.
- Develop standard procedures and methods for cleaning Newport Healthcare facilities, provide recommendations for improvements as needed.
- Evaluate, coordinate, and assign cleaning tasks to team members based on need and skill level. Ensure efficiency of work team and make adjustments, as appropriate.
- Inspect all work performed to ensure it meets company standards and client expectations, as well as applicable standards designated by local, state, or federal regulations.
- Act as primary onsite point-of-contact for cleaning team for any questions, concerns, or disputes they may have.
- Maintain open communication, build relationships with leadership at each facility in order to ensure Housekeeping team is meeting or exceeding standards.
- Promptly respond to any inquiries and take appropriate action as soon as possible.
- Ensure proper inventory of necessary supplies and equipment. Provide recommendations for acquiring additional equipment or supplies as needed.
- Participate in recruitment, hiring, onboarding, and training of new employees.
- Travel between multiple facilities/locations, at times transporting team members, supplies, and/or equipment.
- Minimum three (3) to five (5) years of experience cleaning commercial spaces and or residential facilities, preferably on a team.
- Minimum of one (1) to two (2) years of supervisory experience.
- Strong attention to detail and the ability to stay ahead of repetitive, ongoing tasks.
- Proven track record training subordinate employees.
- Willingness to engage in hands-on work when team is short-staffed or behind schedule.
- Expertise in commercial cleaning equipment and practices.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Bilingual Spanish strongly preferred.
- Must be able to pass applicable pre-employment criminal background investigation, driving record, and pre-employment drug screen.
- Must be at least 21 years of age, possess a valid driver's license.
Newport Healthcare provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.Newport Healthcare is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunity, including providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with a disability. Applicants with a physical or mental disability who require a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process please email [email protected] for assistance.
For more information on Equal Opportunity, please click here Equal Employment Opportunity Posters